All Information shall be used in accordance with the permissions granted by you and in accordance with the Data Protection Act (1998).
The term ‘Elemental’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ or ‘our’ refers to Elemental Motor Company Ltd, a company whose registered office is Mount Manor House, 16 The Mount, Guildford GU2 4HN, and registered in England and Wales – No.08311591. The term ‘you’ refers to the user of our website or any private individual with whom we communicate.
Our commitment to protecting your privacy
Elemental is committed to protecting your privacy. You can visit most pages on the website without giving us any Information. However sometimes we do need Information to provide some services that you might request. This document is designed to give you a clear explanation of Elemental’s data processing policies. If you have any questions or concerns relating to Elemental’s use of your Information and/or data protection, please contact our IT manager at the address below.
Your information and how we may use it
We may collect the following data about you:
- Information provided by you, via forms on our site.
- Any correspondence between you and Elemental.
- Details of any transactions you may carry out with us.
- Information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We use the information collected to:
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- notify you about changes to our service.
From time to time, and where you have given your permission to do so, we may contact you by email, post or telephone with information relating to promotions, offers and other information about our products and services.
If you decide you do not want to receive these marketing communications, there will be an opportunity for you to unsubscribe on each communication. Alternatively you can request to be unsubscribed in writing, to the address listed on our website.
Additionally, we may use your personal data (in an anonymous form) to analyse our customer profiles and for statistical purposes. We may share this anonymised statistical information with third parties as part of market research purposes. We may also share your personal data with companies within the Elemental group of companies.
Elemental will never supply your personal information to any third party for their commercial gain, and will only ever disclose your information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password enabling you to access certain parts of our site, it is your responsibility to keep this password confidential. Please do not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure. While we will do our best to protect your personal data, Elemental cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The Data Protection Act (1998) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act, but any access request may be subject to an administration fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
To facilitate your use of our website, Elemental will store a Cookie on your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- speed up your browsing.
- recognise you when you return to our website.